It worked for me on a stubborn Proliant DL360 G5 that did not want to upgrade. ILO2 had to be upgraded from 1.4x to 1.83 to 1.22 so it worked.
Recently I had a problem upgrading the iLO firmware on one of our servers through the GUI. This particular server did not have an OS on it at the time so normally I would update through the web interface. However since the firmware on this machine would not work with IE 11 I had no choice but to upgrade through SSH.
Before you start copy your firmware file (ilo2_225.bin in my case) to a local web server and make note of the URL.
- Login to the iLO with your favorite SSH client.
- Once connected type “cd map1/firmware1”
- Now type the following command replacing the URL with your own URL.
“load –source http://192.168.1.1/ilo2_225.bin”
- The update will now begin. It can take up to 10 minutes for the process to complete. You will be disconnected from your session during the upgrade.
- Login to iLO again and type “version” to verify the…
View original post 4 more words